Hi, I’m Judith Mason and I run Bluebell Therapy, offering counselling, hypnotherapy and clinical supervision in Beeston, Nottingham. I trained to be a therapist after many years experience in the teaching profession. In both my careers, I have been motivated by wanting to help and support people to reach their personal potential. I have some experience as a secondary school counsellor and still work with young people, as well as adults of all ages. In addition, I work with a local charity offering a weekly programme on emotional wellbeing, as well as individual counselling sessions. Outside of my clinical work, I am also a Senior Lecturer for Chrysalis Counselling Courses, and offer occasional mental health workshops with a colleague
Many people are nervous when starting therapy - it can feel like a huge step. My role is to ensure that you feel as comfortable as possible and I am happy to have an initial chat with you by phone or email before arranging to meet up, if you choose to do so. I work in an integrative way, using different therapeutic tools to help you gain an understanding of the issues that you face, and helping you to move forward. From our initial conversation onwards, anything that we discuss is entirely confidential whether you choose to continue or not.
My qualifications and training:
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling (Distinction)
- Advanced Diploma In Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Level 7 Certificate in Clinical Supervision (Manchester School of Psychotherapy)
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Professional accredited member of the National Hypnotherapy Society and National Counselling Society
- PGCE in Primary Teaching
- Additional training in various areas, including Self-harming behaviour, Suicide Awareness, Anxiety disorders, Depression and Trauma.
- Up to date DBS check.